What is a Cause and Effect Essay?
Giving students a task to write a cause and effect essay teacher checks their knowledge on topic and skills in writing such kind of text. It is very comfortable for teachers to check students knowledges in such way. This type of essay helps teacher analyze pupils skills in writing.
In the studied problems of humanitarian subjects or economics there are no unambiguously “right” or “wrong” answers to questions, as it happens, for example, in physics or mathematics, but only more or less reasoned points of view. When advancing one’s own position, the focus is on the author’s ability to critically and independently evaluate the range of data and the points of view of others, the ability to understand the essence of the problems and issues being investigated, to establish a connection between the key points of any problems, to use an analytical approach to their consideration, skill differentiate and rank.
How to Write Cause and Effect Essay Outline?
The outline is a necessary thing before creating an essay. It helps to collect all thoughts together and determine what to say about.
How to organize an outline? Easy!
Make an outline according to the classic template:
Body paragraph I
Body paragraph II
Body paragraph III
How to write a Cause and Effect Essay Introduction
Introduction sets the tone, informs the audience about what will be discussed, and also gives impressions. After reading a good introduction, the teacher will not automatically give you a bad grade. The introduction should briefly talk about the importance of chosen topic and general information on your topic.
After the introduction, there should be a thesis which clearly explains position regarding the chosen topic.
Now, you can see example: “There are many interesting and new cosmetic products that can change the appearance for the better. Many modern people use them with enviable regularity. We will discuss why people use skin whitening preparations. Further, I will analyze causes of cosmetic effects. “
How to write body paragraphs
In the body, you tell everything you know from the selected theme. You must write 2 causes and 2 consequences and also show the relationships and interdependence between them.
Now, you can see example: “There are certain psychological and aesthetic reasons for using special whitening products. People with dark skin may not like the way they look on the photo and in the mirror. In addition, due to psychological disorders, they can constantly go to cosmetologists in the hope of correcting the congenital skin color without caring about the negative reaction of doctors who know that this is not harmless.”
Now, you can see example: “As for the consequences, people can get a very unexpected and not always positive result of the whitening operation. The skin may suffer as a result of improper bleaching performed by the cosmetologist. The patient may experience a side effect in the form of a general deterioration in health.”
How to write a cause and effect essay conclusion
Congratulations! All the hard work has passed, now you are at the finish line and this finish line is the conclusion.
The conclusion must tie all necessary information from your essay together.
A perfect conclusion takes into account the following:
- Confirmation of all thoughts mentioned in the content
- Rephrase of key phrases
- A summary of the highlights that you presented in the content.
- A proposal that draws a total conclusion from all of the above, and also displays your final position
In conclusion, you must summarize everything that was written in the content.
Now, you can see example: “Our psychology is designed so that we notice only our own flaws in appearance, in skin color, however, as a result of operations to lighten it, we may encounter certain medical or dermatological complications. In the future, people can cope with such a problem if they begin to solve it – they will think about a psychological examination of those particularly dissatisfied with their appearance.”
Cause and effect topics
Choosing a well-known topic will greatly affect the grade for your content.
Now, you can see the most favorite topics which are used by teachers all over the world:
- “Human and society”: Problems of loneliness and solitude in the city
- Why does a person often become a source of misfortune for other people?
- “Whoever says that it’s not scary in war knows nothing about the war”
- What events and impressions of life help a person to grow up?
- What prevents a person from achieving harmony with nature?
- Is nature capable of educating a person?
- Is maintaining of intergenerational communication necessary for people?
- Why is the theme of “fathers and children” often present in many works of literature?
- Is a person absolutely free?
- How many senses life has?
- Is altruism the result of natural selection?
- Is psychoanalysis a scientific theory?
- Can a person control his unconscious processes?
- What is more important:love or money?
- Is nature necessary for human life?
- Can human evolve in another creature?
- Can people live without money?
- Can human destroy Earth due to industry?
- Is education necessary for digital children?
- Сan whole humanity became vegetarian?
- Can the whole humanity relocate on other planet?
- Internet: what impact does it have on humanity?
- What clothes are better in the summer: shorts or jeans?
- Is politics evil or good?
- The impact of politics on humanity.
- What is better:die in 30 years or in 80?
- Best singers are from poor families.
- Is the USA the best country for living?
- Can humanity live without oil?
- Is Internet necessary for successful life?
Cause and effect essay format
The form is necessary component of any content. Form determines ability to select the most necessary things, to show thoughts in the correct sequence and to use conclusions at the right time.
After selecting an item from a topic, look for causes and effects. Then you need to decide how and where to place them.
You should smoothly move from one part of the text to another without interruptions, otherwise you will not get an excellent mark.
Creating an essay isn’t a tricky business. Now, we will give you tips that will be assistance in creating essay correctly and quickly.
- You must remember the necessary object that you describe, so as not to get lost and not to start saying about something else that not concern the topic at all.
- Select the goal for yourself to inform the audience or to prove your point of view to them. This helps a lot because it gives right direction thanks to which you will create necessary content.
- Use statistics or strong evidence. It is necessary to perform readers some researches of your theme.
Сreating a cause and effect essay is an easy process that requires only knowledge of the topic and formatting. Creating an essay can take no much time if you know all the nuances of this type of writing.
Try to create your essay following our article and you will discover that writing is an easy thing. Choose the theme that you know in-depth, create an outline, take all thoughts together and write an introduction, body and conclusion. Hopefully, our guide will help you create a well-written and elaborated essay.